Tuesday 13 August 2013

Time flies when you're having fun.

APOLOGIES - I THOUGHT I HAD ACTUALLY POSTED THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF JUNE...

Holy crap, it's been a month since I got around to posting anything!

To be perfectly honest, the month has just whizzed by.  I'm not sure I have anything particularly insightful to offer you for stopping by, but I'll give you a run through of what we've been up to.

We went to May Long Weekend this year; the first time I've gone in a long time.  I should explain that this "event" has been going on for years, and involves a group of friends who get together every year on the May Long Weekend to partake in ridiculousness, debauchery and other activities.

And drinking.  Lots and lots of drinking.  And other stuff, but we don't need to go into all the details here.  There is generally some sitting around, playing a life-size game of Jenga, horseshoes, frisbee golf, card games, neggling (pounding a nail into a stump with the skinny side of a hammer - much more fun than it sounds), drunken sing songs but most importantly, the GAMES.  Every Saturday afternoon consists of games.  So the 40-odd of us split up into two teams (this year was Batman vs. Spiderman, complete with masks) and participate in whatever evilness Mike and Dan manage to come up with for that particular year.

I would like to point out that my team has never lost.  Just sayin'...

Anyway, this year the games were definitely up to par.  There was the team "dress your blow up doll" competition (your team had to blow up and dress a doll with the clothes they currently had on between them; yes, including underwear and bras), the team "let's all get joined together by a rope and run around and drink" game (can't remember the purpose or outcome of that one, but it was fun), the mystery food eat-off (face off against a member of the opposite team - first one to open and eat whatever was in front of them wins; folks that got the habanero pepper were in world of hurt and WHY wouldn't you just not eat that?), the human beer pong competition (see below) and I think there were other games after that but I seriously can't remember.

But I do know we won again!


Mystery Food Face-Off


Human Beer Pong


Life-Sized Jenga


So that was a great time.  Except as soon as we got home Husband ended up in the hospital with Pancreatitis due to too much fun.

He is fine now, though.

Then I promptly put my back out doing gardening.  Still in pain from that one.  It sucks getting old, but it is really my own fault.  And man, physio is EXPENSIVE.

I don't really have anything too insightful to post this time around.  I'm too f'n tired from having fun.  It's a sad truth, but I have to pace myself now.

Too much fun can have serious repercussions.

To all of my May Long Weekend friends - thanks for the good times and hospitality.  It was much appreciated.  And also for making up stupid games where I have to drink too much.  Great way to justify my ridiculousness.

I promise I will post something sooner and  more "cerebral" next time.  Just too hung over at the moment.

Time flies when you're having fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment